Auto Insurance Tips!
Whether you are purchasing a shiny new car off the lot, or picking up a second car for the kids to drive. You must think about protecting yourself, others, and your new vehicle.
Cheap rates are great, but cheap means nothing if your policy won’t cover you when you need it.
So here are a few things to consider when buying your auto insurance:
- Minimum coverages
- Yes, buying the minimum coverage will be saving you money. It won’t save you anything in the long run if you ever have an at fault claim though. So, you will be on the hook for your repair and this cost can add up quick!
- Larger Deductibles
- This is like the above point. Yes, a higher deductible will save you a little bit every month, but again in the event of a claim, will you be able to come up with that lump sum deductible?
- Combining policies
- This is not just a trick the companies claim, they actually can give you up to 25% off if you have more than one policy with them.
- Don’t lie
- You may save a few bucks saying things like, you have an alarm installed in your car, or you don’t drive your car to work everyday. Although, in the event of a claim, this could result in the insurance company not paying.
- Talk to your broker!
- Insurance is not an easy thing to understand. Using a licensed insurance broker will be the best thing to do. They know the right questions to ask to make sure you are fully covered. They also have the tools to do the shopping around for you to make sure you are getting the best price.
Use these tips next time you are looking for auto insurance. If you have any questions or would like to get a quote, remember you can always call us at Cluett Insurance. We would be happy to be your broker!