Is Your Car Safe From Being Stolen?
Did you know that theft rate is something that determines the rate you pay for your auto insurance
? The Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) releases a list of the 10 most stolen vehicles every year in each region. Out west, thieves tend to go for the big pickup trucks. In Ontario, it’s mainly large SUV’s, but in Atlantic Canada we see a variety of vehicles get stolen. From two seaters, to mussel cars, to compact vehicles, it shows that no vehicle is too big or too small to steal. With the stats provided, it also shows that it doesn’t matter the year of the vehicles, as they range from a 2000 to a 2013!
In 2016 the Top 10 Most Stolen Vehicles Reported by the ICB Were:
- 2004 Cadillac DeVille sedan
- 2012 MINI Cooper 2-door coupe
- 2013 Ford Mustang GT/Boss 302 2-door coupe
- 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD pickup
- 2002 Ford Mustang 2-door convertible
- 2000 Chevrolet Impala sedan
Is your car on this list?
How to Keep Your Car Safe From Being Stolen:
Did you know it can take a thief less than a minute to take off in your car?! It makes it a lot easier too when you leave your keys inside. Take a little extra time and follow these tips to ensure your vehicle is safe!
- Never leave your car unattended while its running
- If possible, park in a garage at night
- Lock your vehicle and roll up the windows
- Place valuables in the trunk out of sight
- Don’t leave any personal documents in plain view
Like mentioned before, the theft rate determines the price of your insurance. Whether your car is on the list above or not! Therefore, take the time to make sure your car is safe! Consequently, if your vehicle has been stolen, you can search for it stolen vehicles on the Canadian Police Information Centre