- February 12, 2018
- Category: Home, Tips & Advice
Home Fire Safety
As many people have found out, waking up to smoke and flames is one of the worst things that can happen to your family and home. One thing that makes it worse is that most home fires are preventable. With just a few fire safety tips you can keep you and your family safe. Things like having a fire escape plan, and making sure your smoke detectors work properly are just the start.
Preventing a Home Fire
A home fire can occur for a variety of reasons, but many are preventable. Did you know that unattended cooking is the leading cause for a home fire? Although home fires are not 100 percent preventable, here are a few helpful tips to keep you and your family safe:
- Install smoke detectors on every floor of your home, and within every bedroom.
- Never leave food cooking unattended.
- Have a fire plan that gets you and your family out of the home within 2 minutes and practice it.
- Avoid smoking in the home.
Once you install your smoke detectors, make sure you test them monthly. Therefore, this simple tip could be the thing that saves your lives in the event of a fire. Also, always be prepared and have an emergency kit ready. If you would like more information on home fire prevention, check out these tips!