Home & Property Insurance Coverage

Coverage for where you live

Losses to Mother Nature, unexpected house fires or a slip-and-fall on your property are costly, unpredictable events. These are just a few reasons why all home owners and tenant’s insurance are essential. We create insurance solutions that satisfy your unique coverage and pricing needs.

Whether you’re a home owner or a tenant, our Insurance experts have access to over 10 carefully selected property insurance markets. This ensures that we can always find you a competitive price year after year. Our insurance renewal specialist monitors significant rate increases, meaning we save you the time of shopping around each year.

  • Home Owner’s
  • Tenant’s — Renter’s
  • Seasonal Cottages
  • Income Properties
  • Vacant Homes
  • Motor Homes 
  • Umbrella Policy – Additional Liability Protection
  • Boat and Marine
  • Mini/Mobile Home
  • Condominium
  • Homes Under Construction/ Builders Risk
  • Property in Storage

Related Resources

I have been a Cluett customer for many years (they were still located in Cole Harbour). I have found Debbie Warner to be very professional and helpful at all times. We are very lucky to have her handling our household & auto insurance. Thank you Debbie. I have not had the need to deal with other staff members but am sure they would do a very good job.

Betty Thibeault Nauss


No. Unlike car insurance, home insurance is not mandatory by the government. If you have a mortgage on your property, usually the bank or lender will require you to have an active home insurance policy.

If you cannot afford to replace absolutely everything you own after an unforeseeable event, you should have home insurance.

Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your property like its foundation, frame, walls, and roof. Most home insurance policies will cover sudden and accidental damage to your home’s foundation. Things like leaks and wear and tear are typically not covered by your home insurance policy.

Review your home insurance policy with your broker if you are unsure what is covered under your policy.

Home insurance may cover roof damage, depending on what caused the damage. The dwelling coverage in a home insurance policy typically protects your home’s structure from covered perils, or caused damage. Commonly covered perils include fire, wind, and hail damage.

Keep in mind that you will likely need to pay a deductible before your insurance kicks in and your coverage limit will apply.

Note that some home insurance policies may have windstorms and hail exclusions. Read your policy or contact your insurance broker to learn more about what coverage you have.

Here are some steps to follow in the case of a claim:

  1. Call your insurance representative as soon as possible.
  2. Provide as much information about the circumstances and damage. Take photos if it is safe to do so.
  3. Keep all receipts and invoices for additional expenses after your loss. A claims specialist or adjuster (who is paid by your insurance company) will contact you to investigate and explain the next steps.
  4. Your insurance company will ask you to complete a “proof of loss” form.
  5. Review your policy and become familiar with specified deductibles, coverage limits, and replacement values. The amount you receive will depend on the type of coverage you have.

An insurance company can cancel your home insurance policy for a couple of different reasons, such as non-payment, change in risk, misrepresentation, or because that company stops servicing in a particular area.

There are a lot of different factors that go into determine the cost of home insurance. Here are some things to think about:

Your credit score – depending on your credit, insurance companies will offer you discounts. Some can be as high as 80%! If you have “bad” credit, you may not receive as big of a discount.

Updates – electrical, plumbing, heating, and roof updates will lower your premium.  For example, if your home was built in 1950 and you do not let your insurance broker know the electrical panel has been updated, you’ll be paying for the risk associated with an old electrical panel.

Let’s get you covered.