- July 20, 2018
- Category: Auto, Tips & Advice
8 Smart Parking Tips
Did you ever walk up to your car and notice a dent or scratch that wasn’t there before? It happens to us all at one point or another. It may seem difficult to avoid the occasional door bang because this is sometimes out of our control. However, there are several steps you can take when choosing a parking space to reduce the risk. If you don’t want to come out of the grocery store next time and find any extra dents or scratches, try and follow these 8 parking tips!
1. Park further away from other vehicles.
- A little bit ofextra walking never hurt anyone.
2. Park at the end of a row when you are able to.
3. Park beside vehicles with sliding doors or no doors, such as minivans or motorcycles.
4. Don’t park beside another vehicle that is poorly parked.
- Chances are…you will not park well either, and crowd another parking spot. Look for another place to park.
5. Try not to park next to cars with child car seats.
- People often open the door all the way to get their child in their seat properly.
6. Parallel park when you are able to.
7. Be aware of the length of the doors of the cars parked beside yours.
- If their doors could touch your vehicle when fully extended, you’ve parked too close.
8. Park next to vehicles that are similar in height as yours when possible.
If you try to follow all these tips and still find a small dent on your door, don’t worry! There are reliable companies that offer paint-less dent repair to gently pull the dent out of your door without the need for repainting. If you need to report a claim, check out our Survival Guide for Auto Claims. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! For more information, you can visit www.novascotia.ca for other vehicle safety tips.