- May 3, 2018
- Category: Auto, Tips & Advice
Time to Rev Up the Bikes!
For motorcycle drivers, it is almost time to rev up for another riding season. Before you embark on your first ride, there is the important matter of insurance to deal with. At Cluett Insurance, we understand the desire of hitting the open road! We want to make sure that you are fully covered out there, and that you have the right coverage for the right price! Here are a few things you should know about your motorcycle insurance.
1. Motorcycle insurance is mandatory. Like a car, it is mandatory to have insurance before you hit the road. You also need to have the proper license to ride, your standard drivers license will not be enough.
2. Like your car insurance, there are several factors that we use to calculate your premium.
a. Your level of experience as a motorcycle driver b. The year, make, and model of motorcycle. c. The usage of the bike, i.e. Commute or pleasure d. Where you live e. Past claims or tickets
3. Did you know that even though driving a motorcycle in Nova Scotia is a seasonal thing, most policies are soldon a full year basis, but rated on seasonal use.
a. This means that there is little or no advantage to cancel your policy in the fall and start it in the spring again. b. This is also a benefit because sometimes we get nice weather in the winter and its cool to ride in December!
4. For new drivers, taking a safety course is a great way to save cost.
a. Not only is it a quick way to get your license, it also teaches you save practice on the road. b. Most insurance companies will provide a discount for the first few years if you have taken a safety course.
Many companies will offer multi policy discounts if you bundle more products together. Give us a call at Cluett Insurance, and we would be happy to provide you with a quote for your motorcycle today! Also, check out these safety tips from the RCMP!